• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

question about site regarding links

Started by Jmac00, July 26, 2011, 05:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmac00

Richard, Any chance the site can be set up so that when a link is clicked, its opens in a new window? Most sites i frequent/visit are set up this way. When i'm done viewing the link i usually click close...which results in having to come back and re-open this site cause of habit. Its not that big of a deal, but annoying at times.... :drink:

Dave Savoie

Right click the link itself and go to open in new tab !!!
Charter Member

Jmac00

i'm too clicky happy to stop and think about doing that....LOL

Dave Savoie

Charter Member

Jmac00

Quote from: "Dave Savoie"I usually forget :P

as do I as this is the only site i use that's like this....  :cheers:

Gil Breau

Quote from: "Dave Savoie"Right click the link itself and go to open in new tab !!!

Scroll wheel/Button 3 works better for that :P
My Brew Blog!
http://drakemarshbrew.blogspot.com/

Current on Tap: Maple Ale, Blonde Lager. "Pils" Ale, Chocolate Sweet Stout, Hefe
Fermenting/Priming:
Projects:Strawberry-Rhubarb Hefe

Richard

Sorry... was on an iPhone coding binge until just now (curse you oversized novelty energy drinks!). I'll see what I can do.
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Richard

I can't change the behaviour without editing the code behind the board, which would potentially make future version updates flaky as hell, so I'd rather not.

Meanwhile if you're using a vaguely modern browser ctrl-click will do the same as right-click->open in new tab.

If this is really bugging a lot of people (add a me too here if so) then I'll go ahead and change it; it's just a fair bit of hassle.

Other sites based on older versions of PHPBB will potentially do the target="_blank" thing, but that's generally not considered good form these days by purists. :-/
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Jmac00

no worries....not that big of a deal to go about changing it. I just thought it might have been something simple and decided to ask.

Keep up the great work running the site... :rock:

And thanks to Gil for the tip on the scroll wheel...learn something new everyday...computers are not my strong point.. :drink: