• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

7.9 Gallon Fermenter Bucket

Started by brynn, January 20, 2014, 09:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brynn

Anyone know a local source for a 7.9 gallon primary fermenter like this one

https://homebrewsupplies.ca/product/802-79-gal-fermentation-pail/

Thanks
Brynn
Two Saints Brewing
Planning: Chocolate Maple Smoked Porter
Primary: India Black Ale, Cider, More Cider
Bottle conditioning: 11.3% Winter Warmer
Drinking: SMaSH Express Pale Ale, Sandrino's Best Bitter Colabo w/Hop tea @ Kegging

Chris Craig

That's a standard 30L bucket. You can get them at any wine store. Scoop & Save sells them a bit cheaper.

brew

I use a slightly transparent version of that bucket for most of my measuring (plastic handles on the side instead of a wire handle) - I think I paid $14 or so for mine at Wine Kitz...
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

brynn

Thanks, I had a look the other day and they're $20 @ scoop and save. Only place I could find em
Brynn
Two Saints Brewing
Drinking: SMaSH Express Pale Ale, Sandrino's Best Bitter Colabo w/Hop tea @ Kegging

Chris Craig

That's a decent price.  Do you normally ferment in plastic?

brynn

I go back and forth depending on whats available.  I only have 1 3 gallon and 1 5 gallon glass carboy. Im trying to narrow in on a 7.5 gallon fermentation system when I move to my 10 gallon BIAB pot in the spring. Im thinking I may split between the 5 & 3 to experiment with differwnt yeasts and other additions. Thoughts?
Brynn
Two Saints Brewing

Chris Craig

You might want to think about standardization if you're trying to get 10 gallons out of a single batch.

http://nbcba.org/forum/technique/standardisation-blendiarng/

brew has done this with good results.  He got 3 full kegs from a 10 gallon batch.

brew

Im drinkin some right now and have 15g in the secondary dry hopping. For a standard house pale its definitely the way to go...
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

brynn

Ill definitely give this a go for the next round of pale ale that I do. Seems to make sense. Would you need to use RO or distilled ?
Brynn
Two Saints Brewing

brew

Actually ive just added an extra 15L of regular water to the wort out of the chiller after the boil. .. turned out great so far...
NBCBA Treasurer

Chris Craig

When I start brewing again in March, I'm going to run my house pale ale like this.  It's been 3 months since I brewed my last batch.  I just tapped my last keg.  I have 4 on tap right now, but I expect to kick at least 2 of them shortly.