• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

NB Home Brew Competition

Started by mcgster, November 26, 2013, 11:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcgster

Has anyone heard back yet on their entry?

Chris Craig

mcgster

The suspense is killing me.

I may have missed something as well i see that your entry fee gets you tickets to the gala, a t-shirt and a growler. Do you have to pick these up at the brewtique? I drove up from Saint John to drop my entry off and had to catch a flight back in SJ 2 hours later so i never stuck around to ask.

Waterlogged

Fermenting: Air
On Tap: Hoppy Porter
Bottled:  Air

pliny

Quote from: mcgster on November 26, 2013, 11:30:09 AM

You mean you haven't heard back??
Just kidding.

I heard that they started judging yesterday afternoon. So they must be working their way through the formalities. You know, after they taste mine the rest of the entries will just be a formality.  ;D

mcgster

Awesome, I hope they provide feedback even if the beer doesn't place.. i'm really curious to see what other people think, most of my home brew is consumed in house :D

Waterlogged

I may have dreamt this but wasnt there a meeting planned for Nov 30 at JohnQ where they would be picking the final 5 and giving some feed back?  I swear I read that somewhere but for the life of me cannot find the post.

Chris Craig

Quote from: Waterlogged on November 26, 2013, 03:20:44 PM
I may have dreamt this but wasnt there a meeting planned for Nov 30 at JohnQ where they would be picking the final 5 and giving some feed back?  I swear I read that somewhere but for the life of me cannot find the post.

That was an idea that was tossed around a few months ago, but we dropped it for logistics reasons.

Waterlogged

Man, I am just glad it wasnt the beer taking control of my mind!

fakr

Quote from: pliny on November 26, 2013, 02:01:23 PM
Quote from: mcgster on November 26, 2013, 11:30:09 AM

You mean you haven't heard back??
Just kidding.

I heard that they started judging yesterday afternoon. So they must be working their way through the formalities. You know, after they taste mine the rest of the entries will just be a formality.  ;D

LOL! Pliny, you might want to add some good trash talk here: 
http://nbcba.org/forum/auld-slainte-rambling-house/brew-comp-trash-talk/msg27586/#msg27586
"If God had intended for us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."

JohnQ

OK,

Apparently everything has been tasted once, I haven't got a final 5 answer yet, but as soon as I do...I will post in the forum.

JQ
Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples

pliny

It's just cruelty at this point.

Justin C

Hopefully it's soon. I'm in the field and my cell battery is not going to last long!

JohnQ

Just heard from Sean that he can't give me the final 5 names until tomorrow morning.

JQ
Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples