• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Greenlee punches

Started by Roger, May 09, 2013, 09:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

Does any body have greenlee punches that I might be able to borrow? I need to punch a few holes I need 7/8" and 1 1/4".
Thanks

fakr

I have a 7/8" punch and I believe JohnQ does too.  I won't be in fredericton this weekend, but I can bring mine up next time if you haven't found one by then.
"If God had intended for us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."

jdueck

Roger,

I have a set I will check tonight for the sizes that the set has.

Jon
Primary #1 - Empty
Primary #2 - Empty
Primary #3 - Empty
Primary #4 - Empty

Secondary #1- Wheat  (Tangerine and coriander)
Secondary #2 - Dry cider
Secondary #3 - Cream ale fermented with M27
Secondary #4 - Cream ale fermented with M07
Secondary #5 - Merlot

Roger

I picked up a set from jdueck 7/8 to 1 1/4". All I need now are my parts and I'll be punching holes in perfectly good vessels.   :|

fakr

make absolutely sure the 1 1/4" punch is actually 1 1/4".  I bought one on amazon and the hole it punched ended up being 1.7".  I was very happy I didn't punch a hole through a blichmann.

measure the die that comes with it to be sure.

Roger

Thanks for the tip! I'll make sure to measure twice!

fakr

I think the one I got was for electrical conduit which I think makes a difference.  the punch had 1 1/4" written on it, but it also had 1.71" written on it so I think the conduit punches punch a bigger hole so you can install a rubber grommit with in ID of 1 1/4".  I'm assuming this anyway.

Long story short, I ended up with a 1.71" hole in a kettle that was supposed to be 1.25".  it was a major major piss off to say the least.

Roger

I'm gonna wait until the elements arrive before I punch any holes. Thanks for the help!

Roger

I just measured the punches there are 7/8, 1 1/8, 1 3/8 and 1 3/4. So I guess I could punch out 1 1/8 and grind the holes the rest of the way. :?