• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Tropical Punch to YO Face !!!

Started by Dave Savoie, May 29, 2012, 05:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Savoie

Charter Member

Kyle

it certainly look like it... wow, maybe you should squeeze some fruit juice in there for good measure. Seriously looks good.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

Chris Craig

Dave Savoie

Charter Member

Chris Craig

I guess it's not as much as my Hop Hammer (http://nbcba.org/forum/index.php?topic=1718.0). I was being polite :D

jeffsmith

Looks good. I recently did an all Galaxy IPA and really love that hop. My only concern with your recipe would be the amount of honey malt you used. I think it's going to possibly leave you with a cloyingly sweet beer.

Dave Savoie

Charter Member

Richard

Quote from: "ChrisCraig"Shit!  That's a lot of hops!

Eh... no :P
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Dave Savoie

What would this be like with belgain yeast maybe the chimay yeast in the library ?
Charter Member

jeffsmith

I think you'd be better served using a nice clean strain like 1056/1272 if you're shooting for accentuating the hops.

pliny

Quote from: "jeffsmith"I think you'd be better served using a nice clean strain like 1056/1272 if you're shooting for accentuating the hops.

+1

Richard

Pretty sure Dave knows his IPA... I assume he's shooting for something more like this:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style/174
Charter Member

jeffsmith

My thought being that the plum characteristic of the Chimay strain may clash with the tropical fruit flavours from all those hops.

Dave Savoie

I think of it this way I myself when I eat a grapefruit always sprinkle a little sugar to offset that Bitter kind of flavor so with this im thinking that with the amount of strong citrus hops a little sweetness would round it out  well
Charter Member

Richard

Quote from: "jeffsmith"My thought being that the plum characteristic of the Chimay strain may clash with the tropical fruit flavours from all those hops.

Yeah if he wanted to do a true-to-style Belgian IPA he'd need to change around the hop-bill to more of a noble profile.
Charter Member