• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

scored a nice deal at nb liquor today

Started by jamie_savoie, March 02, 2012, 04:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamie_savoie

so last night I went at nb liquor and was about to purchase a bottle of Schneider Aventinus Eisbock and the lady told me to come back today as they were going to be on sales....for 4.17$ each!

I don't know if it's only in my liquor store or if it's province wide but might be worth it to check it out ;)

so today I added 15 Schneider Aventinus Eisbock to my beer cellar lol  :banana:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/72/1934

fakr

Good find.

I'm a huge beer lover, and haven't found a beer I didn't enjoy to some extent...with the exception if this beer.  There is something about it that made me pour over half of it out....I know...alcohol abuse...but I couldn't help it.  In fact, it had such a strong banana  clove  fruity taste that I have a hard time drinking most wheat ales now....

I probably should have worked up to it through various other wheat ales.
"If God had intended for us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."

HappyHax0r

Good find, if you're into Aventinus Eisbock. I personally positively despise this beer. It reminds me of nutmeg and prunes. Ugh.
Primary: #1, 2, 3, 4 (Air, Air, Air, Air)
Kegs     #1, 2, 3, 4 (C02, C02, C02, C02)

Richard

+1.. not a fan; however if you like the stuff, great! :D
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

jamie_savoie

Quote from: "fakr"Good find.

I'm a huge beer lover, and haven't found a beer I didn't enjoy to some extent...with the exception if this beer.  There is something about it that made me pour over half of it out....I know...alcohol abuse...but I couldn't help it.  In fact, it had such a strong banana  clove  fruity taste that I have a hard time drinking most wheat ales now....

I probably should have worked up to it through various other wheat ales.

if your a fan of the style and if you go to quebec sometimes, try to find Les Trois Mousquetaires - Weizenbock (pretty much all their beers kick ass btw)

hummm liquid fruit cake  :drink: