• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.
Main Menu

Kegerator

Started by Canuck, February 24, 2012, 08:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuck

Just figured I'd post up a couple pics of the kegerator that I built.  Just an ordinary fridge that I purchased off of kijiji for $100.  I sanded it, primed it, and applied appliance enamel paint to it.  I also painted a small strip on the freezer door with chalkboard painted so I could write what's currently on tap.  

I got a machinist to make and bend a piece of stainless steel for the fridge door that my perlick taps would be mounted through.  Unfortunately, they cut the piece 1" too wide and it sticks out 1/2" on each side.  Not perfect by any means, but it's not the end of the world.  But 4 beers on tap at all times is never a bad thing I guess.   :D

DandyMason

Looks like a place where I could really get comfortable! hahaha

Amazing set up

HappyHax0r

When I build my keezer I'm going to frame in an area on the wall and paint it with chalk board paint. Then I'll do the same thing this guy's doing, mark what's on tap :D
Primary: #1, 2, 3, 4 (Air, Air, Air, Air)
Kegs     #1, 2, 3, 4 (C02, C02, C02, C02)

HappyHax0r

Oh wow, scratch that, I just had an awesome idea involving digital picture frames... I could post the images of the labels on the wall :D
Primary: #1, 2, 3, 4 (Air, Air, Air, Air)
Kegs     #1, 2, 3, 4 (C02, C02, C02, C02)

Richard

I'd add that I wasn't responsible for the cherry wheat beerpocalypse. Kyle really likes that beer.
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Chris Craig

That's a great setup you have there!  Don't let these hi-jackers steal your thunder!

Ian Grant

Canuck

Thanks.  It's not perfect, and I'd change some things if I were to do it all over again.  Oh well.  Fermentation chamber build is up next.  :)

A couple of other pics.  

And I received these mugs as a gift from a friend in California.  As you can probably guess, my last name is Steeves.   ;)

Richard

Bloody excellent setup btw; you should join up and host a meeting there :)
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Canuck

Quote from: "Richard"Bloody excellent setup btw; you should join up and host a meeting there :)

Would LOVE to......if you folks didn't mind the drive down.

Chris Craig

Did you have the mug made?  If so, where?  How much?

Canuck

Quote from: "ChrisCraig"Did you have the mug made?  If so, where?  How much?

Yep, the mugs were specially made.  They were a gift from a friend in California so unfortunately I'm not sure how much they cost.

brew

Definitely worth a trip down south - nice setup man...
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now