• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Homebrewer of the year

Started by Dave Savoie, August 22, 2011, 11:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Savoie

http://www.canadianbreweroftheyear.com/

It looks as though Shawn Meek entered at least one competition last year

Ive requested a list of competitions for 2012 !!!!
Charter Member

Dave Savoie

http://www.canadianbreweroftheyear.com/oldwinners.htm

If you scroll to the bottom of this page you will see we placed 11th out of 13 for total points for homebrew clubs  

YAY Shawn !!!
Charter Member

Dave Savoie

Charter Member

Kyle

I didn't enter last b/c of the whole it not being allowed to transport homebrew thing. But, as they say, its not enforced... so maybe.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

Shawn

Ha... thanks Dave. I had entered my second homebrew (an extract hefeweizen) to get some feedback, and somehow it won a gold medal in the German Wheat beer category.

Kyle: If you want to enter a competition, I say just do it. These places are holding competitions where lots of people from outside the province are entering; they know how the beer is getting there. When I won that medal, the beer moved on to the final round of the NHC in the U.S... so, there were 29 other beers from that competition that moved on, all obviously from Canada... the NHC knew that they were therefore encouraging beer to be sent illegally through the mail. I guess it's one of those things that everyone does, and those in charge of enforcing the law generally look the other way. When people send beers to the U.S. through the mail, from what I understand they just mark the package as "Live yeast samples" or "Collectible glassware"... technically not a lie, but...

Dave Savoie

The comp  list should be available mid Sept I do believe  :P
Charter Member

Richard

Quote from: "Shawn"somehow it won a gold medal in the German Wheat beer category.
Nice modesty pal :P  :wavebeer:

Quote from: "Shawn""Live yeast samples"
Best. Loophole. Ever.  :rock:
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.