• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Mash tun drain filter

Started by Duncan, September 27, 2011, 05:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan

I've just made this mash tun drainer and it works really well. You need four 90 degree elbows, 1 T and about 4 ft. of straight copper tubing. None of the joints are soldered, they're held together by the slight crimping of the connections in a position about 90 degrees from their final position, when they're rotated into their final position they tighten up like an eccentric cam.
Reason why: easy cleaning!
http://jduncangould.blogspot.com/2011/09/blog-post.html

Jake

Very nice. That should do the trick I'd imagine!  :rock:
President of the NBCBA

Richard

Looks very similar to the build Hawoh documented on his site. The link is kicking around here somewhere.

Good job :)
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Dean

hey Duncan I guess no matter how awful a brew we make nothing will ever be as bad as a mouthful of mineral spirits ...in the dark ...on a boat ....in the middle of nowhere.  Did you ever write that book?

pliny

I made mine the same way except with CPVC instead of copper. I'm happy with it.

Duncan

Quote from: "Dean"hey Duncan I guess no matter how awful a brew we make nothing will ever be as bad as a mouthful of mineral spirits ...in the dark ...on a boat ....in the middle of nowhere.  Did you ever write that book?
Actually, yeah I did write a book about the first years we spent sailing around the Caribbean. You can get it online. It's called "Never a Dull Moment" It has shed loads of laughs....because we screwed up almost everything in those days....my first idea was that Cape Horn sounded like a neat place :-0
Check out our travel blog, cool photos, some sharks and heavy weather  getjealous.com/svmoose/  and you'll find a link to lulu.com where the book is available.

Duncan

Quote from: "Duncan"
Quote from: "Dean"hey Duncan I guess no matter how awful a brew we make nothing will ever be as bad as a mouthful of mineral spirits ...in the dark ...on a boat ....in the middle of nowhere.  Did you ever write that book?
Actually, yeah I did write a book about the first years we spent sailing around the Caribbean. You can get it online. It's called "Never a Dull Moment" It has shed loads of laughs....because we screwed up almost everything in those days....my first idea was that Cape Horn sounded like a neat place :-0
Check out our travel blog, cool photos, some sharks and heavy weather  getjealous.com/svmoose/  and you'll find a link to lulu.com where the book is available.
http://wwwgetjealous.com/svmoose/