• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Keezer Upgrade

Started by ChrisD, March 09, 2018, 08:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisD

From the 'because I can' category of reasons to do something:

I installed flow meters on my beer lines in my keezer, which connect to the keezer temperature controller, which reports back to my home automation server.  From any internet-connected computer, I can now see my current keezer temperature and the amount of beer remaining in each keg. 

Once I figure out node-red I should get a tweet whenever a keg is getting low or someone pulls a beer while I'm not there.   

mikegraham

Quote from: ChrisD on March 09, 2018, 08:25:58 PM
From the 'because I can' category of reasons to do something:

I installed flow meters on my beer lines in my keezer, which connect to the keezer temperature controller, which reports back to my home automation server.  From any internet-connected computer, I can now see my current keezer temperature and the amount of beer remaining in each keg. 

Once I figure out node-red I should get a tweet whenever a keg is getting low or someone pulls a beer while I'm not there.   

Sweet

pliny

shazapple

It will be interesting to see the accuracy of the flow meters. Have you gone through an entire keg with them yet?
Lee

Two Wheeler

This is awesome! I looked into a project like this once, but realized I was in wayyy over my head
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

ChrisD

I haven't nailed down the accuracy yet; I'm measuring pints as they get poured.