• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

My head is hanging low with shame

Started by lmo506, December 06, 2014, 03:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmo506

Well due to a whole list of excuses (new business , heart attack etc.) I have beer in fermenters(25 gal) to be exact that has been there since last march. I did find time to rack it of the yeast when it should have been.should i just chuck it ,or keg it and serve it to people i dont like?
I have never pretended to be something I'm not, except sober, I have pretended to be sober a few times.

JohnQ

Hey Leonard,
If you took it off the yeast on time, and it's been sealed from O2, I'd give it a whirl...probably just fine. May be past prime, but not throw away until proven.
If you can get a litre sample down to Freddy, I'd put it in a bottle for you under the carb cap, and see what it's like after carbing and let you know!

JQ
Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples

Jake

Yea i'd give the taste test. Depending on the style, it may be fine.
President of the NBCBA

lmo506

Well, Sorry to report that due to my lack of attention i could only salvage 5 gal. The liquid evaporated in the airlocks of the other ones...duh.
So 5 gal in a keg on gas and it is what it is . Stopped in at Railcar Brewing yesterday and was quite impressed at his operation. I hope he makes a go of it. BTW he needs kegs if any one has any to sell.
I have never pretended to be something I'm not, except sober, I have pretended to be sober a few times.

Two Wheeler

Glad you salvaged a keg! Hope it turned out well.

Now time to get a new brew in the carboy!
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

lmo506

Kyle

depending on the style of air lock, even if all the water evaporated, the beer may still  be fine as long as there isn't a significant hole exposed to air.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

jamie_savoie

if you know you will leave the carboy for extended amout of time you can use vodka in the airlock instead