• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Cheap 30 litre disposable kegs

Started by Kyle, April 05, 2014, 10:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle

Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

Chris Craig

So, ~$20 for a disposable keg?  I don't get it.

Kyle

Well, regular kegs are getting very expensive or hard to come by. These hold 51 psi, so I'm thinking they could be re-used as pressure fermenters, possibly many times. It would also be cool to have basically giant versions of the party-pigs for times when you want to bulk condition without taking up carboys / kegs.
Charter Member

Chris Craig

If they could be used as pressure fermenters, do you think they could be used as regular kegs for a few fills? If they could take 10PSI for say, 10 fills, they may be worth something, but even if you paid $100 for a used corny, it's a better deal...don't you think?

Kyle

yeah... on reflection, corny kegs are a way better deal... hmm.
Charter Member

Chris Craig

JohnQ

I've seen these in action at Moonlight Meadery.
They are actually quite cost effective for commercial meaderies/brewers/wineries who don't want to set up keg cleaning.
I've been in contact with them, and am likely choosing between these and the pubkeg product for Pollen Angels distribution.
The interesting point about this product is that you can drive the product with compressed air, since the propellant never touches the product.
JQ
Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples

Chris Craig