• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

NB vs. BC and update

Started by McKraken, November 03, 2013, 03:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McKraken

Hey guys,

It's been a while.  I've been pretty busy out here, getting fed a paramedic course through a fire hose! Med phase is almost done, and I've been looking into brewing out here.  I'll hopefully have enough time in the next month or so before we get crazy busy again in the winter.  But I can't find anywhere to get ingredients!  I may make some phone calls and the hour drive one way to check out a brew pub and see if they'll sell some ingredients.

One thing I noticed out here is that as far as craft beer in the liquor stores goes, BC > NB.

But on the other hand, with New Brunswick being a "Craft Beer wasteland", as Kyle puts it, it actually has a better home brew community with the NBCBA.  With that I mean that I've noticed there aren't a lot of brewers out here, since they have access to great beer at the store.  I'm actually grateful to have lived in a Craft Beer wasteland long enough to start brewing, because I probably would have missed out if I lived somewhere with selection.

Anyway, I'll be back in the East coast in December.  Doing a RUET course in Dartmouth on the 12th, and heading back to NB on the 15th.  If anyone wants anything picked up in the Halifax area at that time, or wants me to smuggle in some BC beers, let me know.

Cheers :cheers:
Kevin McF.
On Tap - Nil
Aging - Koodlik Fuel 25/04/2013

Chris Craig

I'd love some BC  beers!  No idea what though :P  Hopefully you can make the Dec 21st meeting so we can catch up!

McKraken

Quote from: Chris Craig on November 03, 2013, 03:31:17 PM
I'd love some BC  beers!  No idea what though :P  Hopefully you can make the Dec 21st meeting so we can catch up!

I'll be there on the 21st! Wherever it is...
I haven't even tried very many of these, but if any of them pique some interest, I'll try to find some when I'm in Vancouver.  I'll try to bring 12 total.

http://www.beermebc.com/category/bestbeers/?gdsr_sort=review
Kevin McF.
On Tap - Nil
Aging - Koodlik Fuel 25/04/2013

Chris Craig

I'll buy whatever you want to sell me :D