• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Dry hop suggestions?

Started by JohnQ, November 12, 2012, 07:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnQ

For those that tested the cask project on Saturday, what suggestions do you have for dry hopping?

I'm going to do one keg with Chinook, but there are 2 more kegs in storage, and I'd like to try something different with them, maybe even a half keg at a time.

JQ
Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples

Kyle

Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

chrismccull

I've had great luck with Comet.  I have some leaf N.Brewer if interested.

JohnQ

Started with Chinook.
Put an ounce in with half a keg....
So, when in doubt, and dry hopping, add less hops!
Holy freakin hop bomb, it's like all of a sudden all the hops from the IIPA recipe were whipped out from under the covers and slapped in your face!
Added another 10 litres to the keg, so now it's 1oz for a full keg, and it's more reasonable, but still a little overhopped...and before you all jump in with the laughy laughs at ME SAYING something is overhopped....I've already done that to myself.

JQ
Charter Member
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout

JohnQ

AAAND...

What have those of you with your kegs of the clone of the ages done for Dry hopping?

JQ
Charter Member

Visiting Taps:

Chris Craig

No dry-hopping hopping on my part. I've had a couple of pints this weekend, and I think it could probably use a little something for sure.

Jake

no dry hop for me either ... I was pretty happy with it!
President of the NBCBA

JohnQ

Quote from: "Kyle"Amarillo, for sure!

Going to do Amarillo today, didn't you mention it should be combined with something?

JQ
Charter Member

Visiting Taps: