• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Broadhead Brewing

Started by DandyMason, May 18, 2012, 10:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DandyMason

So I was in Ottawa all week for work, and a buddy of mine has started a brewery out there... Broadhead Brewing

http://broadheadbeer.com

Nice spot! Hes in the process of moving to a new building where he will be able to do batches 6 times as big as what he is doing now. Hes currently doing 350L batches - but what he does is brew a small batch at like 12% then top up the fermenter with boiled water until he hits 5%, which obviously allows him to do pretty big batches. I took some pictures of his current brewery.

Dave Savoie

You should find out where he got those conicals from !!!
Charter Member

DandyMason

ill ask him, i was just sending him an e-mail!

fakr

Those are the same type conicals I'm going to buy.

http://www.spraysmarter.com/public/buy/ ... tank.aspx#

they are cheap as hell...15Gal for $60...all the way up to 80Gal for $140.

I'm going to get two 20GAL here shortly.
"If God had intended for us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."

Thomas

wow, those conicals are awesome, and so cheap! Almost makes me want to upgrade my brewing capacity to justify buying one. They have a pretty nice website too, and lots of merchandise. Selling kegerators is a pretty slick idea, they would be pretty easy to build and turn around.

fakr

the kegorators are a very decent price, WITH a 5 pouder to boot.  I would say that is at cost...

Costco:
stainless mini fridge for $159.99

Ontariobeerkegs:
Dual Tower with Perlicks - $143.99
Drip Tray - $29.99
Regulator - $49.99
5 lbs CO2 (not filled) - $79.99

total:  $463.95

Great Price!!!
"If God had intended for us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."

pliny

I was in the homebrew store in Dieppe and they we're selling kegerators (Brewit I think) for almost twice that price. It includes one keg I think.

DandyMason

Hey Guys, His conicals are from www.tankdepot.com .... but yeah they look like the conicals you guys are all looking to buy.

yeah super good deal on kegerators! He sells them for cost down to the cent... everyone who buys the kegerators comes to him to buy his beer. Pretty smart I think! He sold quite a few kegerators, and now he has regular guys coming in for their keg. Super good idea considering there is nothing to putting a kegerator together.

Brian_S

Sweet, "Ideal for wine making and biodiesel production" it appears to be a win win for this product.
B
<No context>Dark and Dirty</No Context>

DandyMason

Heres some pics of construction of his new place...