• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Weldless bulkhead

Started by Chris Craig, March 07, 2012, 10:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Craig

Has anybody managed to get the weldless blukhead from Hopdawgs installed in a keggle...or any kettle for that matter?  It seems as if the nipple is so short that there would be no thread left on the inside of the kettle.

Kyle

It works well on my aluminum turkey fryer, which is very thin. I think it would work on a keggle, but I've never tried.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

Chris Craig

Ok.  I'll give it a try.

Next question: How high up should I be mounting this on my keggle?  My plan is to have a stainless braid run the circumference of the keggle into a SS T with 2 SS hose barbs.

I forgot to order a SS elbow, and I'd like to be able to just install the assembly at the bottom of the keg, but I don't know if the valve will get too hot.  Perhaps a heat shied may help.

chrismccull

What size and degree elbow do you need?

Chris Craig

chrismccull

I'll bring one to the meet.

DandyMason

Chris did you get your bulkhead working? Im just putting mine together... Im finding the same thing you mentioned above, the nipple is too short so when I put the hex nut with o-ring on there is no thread left for my hopscreen to grab... Didnt really think about that...

Chris Craig

I got mine to work on my keggle.  There definitely wasn't much thread left over, but I had a couple turns. Tighten that hex nut really good, and it'll work.

DandyMason

K man thanks. Ill try it out.