• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.
Main Menu

Perlick 575s

Started by chrismccull, May 09, 2012, 07:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrismccull

I bought and installed a new set of 575 Perlick faucets and they seem to drip after a pour?  I get about 6 or 7 drips after I pour a beer, my old standard faucets never did that.  Ever run into this?

Jake

Yea I get a couple drips. Looks liek you need to get yourself a drip tray my friend
President of the NBCBA

chrismccull

Bah, that sucks, my old ones never dripped that much.

Do you have a spring behind your faucets?

Kyle

I have the Perlick 525's and they drip a little, usually 2-3 drops as well. A small downside with the design, I suppose, but overall much better than the standard taps, I find. No sticking of taps and better foam control w/ the Perlicks.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

Jake

No I don't believe the perlics have the spring. Although they will drip, they are much better IMO than the others. If you use the cheaper faucets long enough they'll start to stick terribly I found

Perlicks are positively the way to go
President of the NBCBA

chrismccull

Thanks.

My standard faucets needed a spring, the Perlicks seem to work with or without.

Chris Craig

I get 2 or 3 drips with my 525s.  I use a SS mud pan attached to the front of my keezer with magnets.

brew

I get one or sometimes 2 drips with my 525's - I have an extra metal tray with magnet that goes on the side of a fridge nicely if you want to try it Chris...
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

chrismccull

Thanks Brew, I have a few bar towels.  

I still say it doesn't seal well, I get a lot more drips than 2 or 3.

DandyMason

I definitely get drips too with the perlicks, Not sure what thats all about.

But yeah they are 100% worth the money compared to the regular chromed. The chrome for some reason dont drip, but you will absolutely run into bigger problems with sticking.

sdixon

My perlicks drip a litle more (but not 6 drips) than the other, but I get a better pour with reduced foam. I find on the basic tap, I get a dose of foam shortly after pulling the tap... first beer, then foam, then beear again!? Anyone else get that mid pour foam (well not quite mid pour, more like 2 seconds after I start the pour. I'm definitely happier with the perlicks.
"Good people drink good beer"
Hunter S. Thompson

On Tap]

Richard

Quote from: "sdixon"first beer, then foam, then beear again!? Anyone else get that mid pour foam

I think this is  a function of the beer-line diameter... you using the skinny stuff?
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Chris Craig

Before you pour that first pint, look to see if you have any air bubbles in the lines.  That'd cause the late foam.  Not sure what would cause the bubbles.  Back pressure maybe.