• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.
Main Menu

Keezer.

Started by HappyHax0r, April 06, 2012, 11:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McKraken

It looks like I'm going to be starting my own keezer project as well (I should lock up my credit card when I'm  :drunk: ). I got a ball lock keg, 5lb CO2 tank, 3-way manifold, 525SS perlick tap and gas and beer lines from ontariobeerkegs.com for $325 to my door.  It's all sitting in my basement right now, waiting for me to turn my old (1980's) Coronado chest freezer into a keezer.  It was free after all.  looks like I'll be kegging my next batch!  I vaguely remember looking at the site, but didn't think I ordered it until it showed up at my door! It was here before it even showed up on my statement.
Kevin McF.
On Tap - Nil
Aging - Koodlik Fuel 25/04/2013

Kyle

got to watch that online ordering after  :drunk:  :lol:
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

Richard

Yeah I'm guilty of drunk-shopping occasionally, but I at least remember doing it :P
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Jmac00

when i had my keezer up and running, i had 3 regs inside......one for serving, one for serving stout, and one for bulk carbing......you'll need a high pressure hose from tank to bank of regs if you want your tank outside.

Jmac00

chrismccull

I'd go with the picnic tap idea.  You wouldn't be happy with the performance of the standard chrome taps, they stick.

HappyHax0r

Quote from: "chrismccull"I'd go with the picnic tap idea.  You wouldn't be happy with the performance of the standard chrome taps, they stick.

Once i actually finish the keezer i'll get perlick chrome taps, but for now the picnic taps look like a much better idea.
Primary: #1, 2, 3, 4 (Air, Air, Air, Air)
Kegs     #1, 2, 3, 4 (C02, C02, C02, C02)

Dave Savoie

yea the regular taps piss me off just about every time i want to get a beer
Charter Member

chrismccull

Same here Dave, I hate mine.

I have a spare picnic tap if you want to borrow one Happy.

Jmac00

sticky taps just means you're not pulling the handle enough  :drink:   :lol:

Kyle

:lol:

Over the years I broke a few tap handles... then bought Perlicks
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

fakr

I'd go on the cheap for now with the picnic taps.  They were the first thing i bought and i still use them occasionally.  
I'd stick with the necessities like grain mill etc and purchase your wants later.
Definitely get perlick over the cheap ones when the time comes though.
"If God had intended for us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."

Dave Savoie

aS LONG AS YA HAVE AN EXTRA KEG TO HOOK UP EVERY FEW DAYS WITH WARM WATER YOUR OK BUT A BIG OLD PAIN IN THE RUMP
Charter Member

brew

My primary reg is set to deliver at 30 psi. I have a couple of secondaries attached for lower serving pressure, but if you take the plug out of the last secondary and hook up a tee (JQ has the plastic ones which work great) you can carb as many kegs at 30 PSI as you want. 30 PSI in the fridge for 2 days = fast carbing. 30 PSI outside the fridge for longer duration is about 2.4 volumes, perfect for me...
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now