• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.
Main Menu

Beer Lines

Started by Jake, August 05, 2011, 06:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Gonna step in here and say that "first" means "closest to the CO2 tank"; I'd be real surprised if you could have a regulator that turned a lower pressure into a higher pressure because... physics says no.
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Jmac00

Quote from: "Ian Grant"If you crank up your furthest reg and you hear air going through it I'd say your good to go...

Did this....good to go. Proves my initial theory i guess. Thanks Ian for the confirmation  :cheers:

Richard, i know it doesn't make much sense...but keep in mind there's still full pressure getting to the contents gauge...therefore full pressure to all regs in line i assumed. With first being closest to co2 tank, my first reg is serving for most kegs, second is for the stout, and 3rd is for force carbing.

Richard

if you mean they're all coming off a single manifold connected to the primary reg then yeah, that's fine. I was thinking you meant in series, whereas that would be in parallel.
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Jmac00

no manifold....pics of regs in my thread i put up last week.

Dean

from your picture you basically have a manifold built out of 3 regulators and you have 900psi through the whole thing = you're good

Dave Savoie

http://www.kegkits.com/Merchant2/mercha ... Code=DPReg

****Edit: I have heard on HBT that this Guy is not an honest business person, and that the site should be avoided - Kyle***
Charter Member

Jake

The beer you were drinking was indeed my IPA. I have the recipe posted on the brewblog, listed as "Rookie IPA". I used Galena to bitter, and the rest was Cascade. I can see myself ddoing that one again. We drank nearly 12-15 litres of that stuff lol
President of the NBCBA

DandyMason

Ever see these perlick facets? Dont know much about them but says it eliminates the lenght of beer line problem.

http://morebeer.com/view_product/20581/ ... ow_Control