Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trailway Brewing Company  (Read 22311 times)

Offline mcgster

• Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Trailway Brewing Company
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2015, 08:31:17 PM »
Sounds awesome!

It would be cool to be able to get some on tap in Saint John some day. The more brewers the merrier in my books... i have night mares where i'm back in university and the only beer on tap is moosehead and bud light  :shakes:

Offline Fhilo

• Vice President
  • NBCBA
  • Junior Poster
  • BBQ, Beer, Biking and Home Theater...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 149
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2015, 08:22:38 PM »
Was a fun brew session! Cool to do it live on Twitter.

Offline JamesC

• NBCBA
  • Junior Poster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 62
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2015, 07:59:06 AM »
Congrats on third place at the St John Beer Fest!

Offline Jake

• President
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 182
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2015, 08:11:50 AM »
Thanks guys. That was a HUGE surprise to us. We were known at the Fredericton Craft Beer Fest since we're serving at the restaurants around here, but to go into SJ pretty well unknown and walk out with an award for our IPA was a real treat.
President of the NBCBA

Offline mcgster

• Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2015, 09:05:37 AM »
Your IPA was the surprise of the show for me, excellent beer!

Offline Two Wheeler

• Executive
  • Forum Hero
  • NBCBA VP
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 864
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2015, 09:50:49 AM »
Thanks guys. That was a HUGE surprise to us. We were known at the Fredericton Craft Beer Fest since we're serving at the restaurants around here, but to go into SJ pretty well unknown and walk out with an award for our IPA was a real treat.

That's awesome, congrats guys! Time for world domination now!
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Offline DandyMason

• Club Technician
  • CTBM
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2015, 01:31:34 PM »

That's awesome, congrats guys! Time for world domination now!

That's the plan!

Thanks fellas! Was an awesome surprise.

Offline blisster

• Executive
  • Senior Poster
  • Got Hops?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2015, 01:39:49 PM »
Congrats!

Sounds like the 1BBL system will need an upgrade soon  :cheers:
Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him how to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime.

Offline paulmaybee

• NBCBA
  • Junior Poster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 299
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2015, 09:09:51 PM »
Or maybe it should just be demoted to the Trailway pilot brewery.  ;)
on tap: IPA
fermenting: Roseway Red, Rye IPA, Tripel, Flanders Red, Sour #1
Cellar: Roseway Red, IPA, Brett IPA, Orval Clone, Brett Red, Rye IPA, Grapefruit PA

Offline Two Wheeler

• Executive
  • Forum Hero
  • NBCBA VP
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2015, 11:16:22 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/informationmorningfredericton/2015/04/28/main-street-development/

Hmmm... those brewers he mentions sound like a couple guys I know  ;)
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Offline Jake

• President
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2015, 08:26:50 AM »
well, that escalated quickly ...

to clear the air, Yes, Dan and I are eyeing up expansion - we're going through zoning right now with the City for this property, and have talked a couple times with Plaza on this building. Both Dan & I were FLOORED when we heard of this yesterday morning. Nothing has been signed yet, so nothing is a sure thing. We both thought this was very premature (to put it lightly) and the guy from Plaza called to apologize for spilling the beans. I guess when he agreed to do the interview, he didn't even realize that the Microbrewery was going to be discussed. He thought it was going to be a very general discussion of the building. When the interview opened with questions about TrailWay it caught him offguard, and eventually opened up about our plans.

Needless to say, we're pretty excited about the whole thing but there is a fairly lengthy process that needs to play its course with zoning, signing leases, buying equipment, etc. Most of this we've initiated but far from any type of announcement.

Wish us luck  :cheers:
President of the NBCBA

Offline Two Wheeler

• Executive
  • Forum Hero
  • NBCBA VP
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2015, 10:42:17 AM »
This sounds AWESOME

Good thing there's a trail out back!

Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Offline Fhilo

• Vice President
  • NBCBA
  • Junior Poster
  • BBQ, Beer, Biking and Home Theater...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 149
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2015, 11:02:53 AM »
You'll do great!! Time to take over Fredericton!!

Offline DandyMason

• Club Technician
  • CTBM
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2015, 11:22:26 AM »
well, that escalated quickly ...

to clear the air, Yes, Dan and I are eyeing up expansion - we're going through zoning right now with the City for this property, and have talked a couple times with Plaza on this building. Both Dan & I were FLOORED when we heard of this yesterday morning. Nothing has been signed yet, so nothing is a sure thing. We both thought this was very premature (to put it lightly) and the guy from Plaza called to apologize for spilling the beans. I guess when he agreed to do the interview, he didn't even realize that the Microbrewery was going to be discussed. He thought it was going to be a very general discussion of the building. When the interview opened with questions about TrailWay it caught him offguard, and eventually opened up about our plans.

Needless to say, we're pretty excited about the whole thing but there is a fairly lengthy process that needs to play its course with zoning, signing leases, buying equipment, etc. Most of this we've initiated but far from any type of announcement.

Wish us luck  :cheers:

Well said. Premature announcement is an understatement, so everyone forget about this and act surprised when/if we announce something in several months!

Offline Jake

• President
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2015, 02:48:32 PM »
For those that haven't seen it on the TrailWay Facebook or Twitter feed, we're going to be tapping a couple casks of double IPA tomorrow night at the ale house. It was a collaboration beer we did with @Roger & @Fhilo from the Club. Come out and tell these two schmucks how much you enjoy their beer!

Cask 1 was dryhopped again in the the cask, and cask 2 we added bourbon soaked Spanish cedar to it ... and there will also be a 50L on tap as well of the DIPA. If it goes anything like our last cask night, there is a chance these won't last much longer than an hour or so, so don't be too late if you're planning on trying some cask beer.

I'm heading there right from work around 4:30, and we'll likely tap em around 5ish. Hope to see a few people out for this!
President of the NBCBA