Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Noble Grape  (Read 4597 times)

Offline Scott

• NBCBA
  • Junior Poster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 210
Noble Grape
« on: August 18, 2015, 01:08:26 PM »
I just heard that Noble grape has moved to a new location next door (Great Canadian Bagel spot maybe) and are starting to stock hops and malts. That should make those last minute realizations your out of something much easier.

Offline robcoombs

• NBCBA
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 703
Re: Noble Grape
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 05:00:51 PM »
I was in today. It's a "serve yourself" setup now. It'll be nice for grain. Yeast is still the same wait for speciality strains unfortunately. And the hops... Oh the hops are in clear plastic containers, at room temperature.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 07:04:36 PM by robcoombs »

Offline ECH

• Junior Poster
    • Elm City Hobbies
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 05:11:30 PM »
Just got and e-mail from them saying they moved.

Sent my wife in Friday to get some DME for starters, and 1st she had a problem finding the place, as their big sign was taken down for the move (probably should have taken the sign down after the move?), and then when she did go in, I gave her specific instructions of what to ask for, if she couldn't find it, and they played 20 questions with her about a starter, going so far as to say that I didn't need to make a starter to use dry yeast.

Well duh...I know that, obviously not using dry yeast, if I want DME to make a starter!!

Hops not refrigerated?  Good to know. Surprised they know enough to refrigerate the yeast!

Good to know that the grain is self serve, now when I need 2oz of something, I don't have to buy a whole pound from OBK (not that it ever goes to waste!)

Offline pliny

• NBCBA
  • Senior Poster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 250
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 05:40:54 PM »
Heard that they'll have a station where you can crush your grain as well

Offline Two Wheeler

• Executive
  • Forum Hero
  • NBCBA VP
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 864
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 10:05:04 PM »
Although the hops storage is questionable, it's nice to see them serve our market
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Offline robcoombs

• NBCBA
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 07:10:19 AM »
Absolutely. Gord was very excited that they had a section and room specifically for home brewers. If I was brewing extract it would be a perfect set up. Plus they'll give you a 10% discount if you measure and crush your own grain. My only issue, as usual was the hop storage. Otherwise it's very nice. I'd love to see them stock a few more wyeast strains.

Offline jamie_savoie

• Yeast Curator
  • NBCBA
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 765
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 10:35:05 AM »
Please somebody tell them how to properly store their hops frig....cat piss flavored hops makes my penis soft

Offline Two Wheeler

• Executive
  • Forum Hero
  • NBCBA VP
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 10:37:32 AM »
cat piss flavored hops makes my penis soft

:rolling:

Hahahaha
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Offline robcoombs

• NBCBA
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 10:42:34 AM »
I had to drop into Noble Grape yesterday and I'm happy to say their hop storage has improved quite a bit. Now all hop pellets are kept in a freezer. Lots of sealed one pound bags in there, the opened bags are put into plastic containers. They also have some leaf hops by the pound vacuum sealed in the fridge along with a few more specialty wyeast packs. They have weizen, belgian saison, and abbey I believe and forbidden fruit. I'm still a little hesitant to buy hops from them until they turn over the inventory a little. But I will probably try again down the road.

Offline shazapple

• NBCBA
  • Junior Poster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 417
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 01:39:09 PM »
I was in there today to pick up a couple pounds of grain and a few hops. It's a nice little setup. Buckets of grains, a fridge of hops, scales, bags, and even tape and markers. It will be a great setup to get a pound or two of this or that.
Lee

Offline Two Wheeler

• Executive
  • Forum Hero
  • NBCBA VP
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 12:22:11 PM »
I was in the new store today for the first time, and boy I'm impressed! Lots of malt choices and hop choices. So nice to be able to run to the store if you don't have something.

Prices are higher than online, but I'd expect that. $2.66/oz hops and $3.99/kg of specialty malt.
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Offline robcoombs

• NBCBA
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 02:38:57 PM »
Their yeast prices have gone up as well. $4.99 for US05/04 now. But I agree the grain room is awesome, great when you need a little bit of something. Good variety of grain as well.

Offline pliny

• NBCBA
  • Senior Poster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 250
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 05:04:21 PM »
I was in the new store today for the first time, and boy I'm impressed! Lots of malt choices and hop choices. So nice to be able to run to the store if you don't have something.

Prices are higher than online, but I'd expect that. $2.66/oz hops and $3.99/kg of specialty malt.

Maybe we could buy some hops by the pound and split it two ways or something.