Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Garrison Brew-off 2016  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Two Wheeler

• Executive
  • Forum Hero
  • NBCBA VP
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 864
Garrison Brew-off 2016
« on: December 04, 2015, 11:36:22 AM »
Just received this email from Garrison:

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Time to start your kettles for 2016 Garrison Home Brew –Off!

This year’s style is Experimental American IPA! What do we mean by that? The American IPA character should come through in aroma and flavour; however there should be an experimental aspect use of herbs, teas, etc.  It should not be a speciality IPA.

Here are the key dates:

Deadline for entry is Thursday, February 11th, 2016

Awards Gala is Thursday, March 3rd, 2016 at 7pm

For more details, information sheets and registration forms go to http://www.garrisonbrewing.com/show/home-brew-off/

Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Offline Two Wheeler

• Executive
  • Forum Hero
  • NBCBA VP
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 864
Re: Garrison Brew-off 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 11:39:01 AM »
Last year I entered and had a less than awesome experience. I dropped off my entry at Noble Grape and was told I was too late, but after I contacted Garrison they realized the store was wrong. Anyway, it was a huge hassle to get it there, and I didn't get my feedback sheets or any of the swag.

I believe @Roger did receive all of his stuff. And I do believe that they will have streamlined the process here too. This could be an interesting beer to take a stab at.
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Offline Roger

• Vice President
  • Executive
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1409
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 11:59:40 AM »
Last year I entered and had a less than awesome experience. I dropped off my entry at Noble Grape and was told I was too late, but after I contacted Garrison they realized the store was wrong. Anyway, it was a huge hassle to get it there, and I didn't get my feedback sheets or any of the swag.

I believe @Roger did receive all of his stuff. And I do believe that they will have streamlined the process here too. This could be an interesting beer to take a stab at.
Yea I got my stuff. I think it was a glass and a growler full of the imperial IPA. I might enter one again this year if I have the time. Experimental IPA does sound interesting... The gala is alot of fun too me and @Al-Loves-Wine went the year before last when I took 3rd place. It was a memorable experience to say the least...  :party:

Offline pliny

• NBCBA
  • Senior Poster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 250
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 03:05:22 PM »
Sounds nice. It inspires creativity but I don't think it has much to do with the skill of the brewer for a particular category.
This is sounding negative. It's so easy to hide behind mistakes when you make a 9.2% cinnamon infused chocolate IPA. But I can see that they'll be getting a whole bunch of entries - and maybe that's what they want. 
There are more than 75 different beer categories out there.