Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BrewHQ Brew Box Subscription  (Read 2636 times)

Offline feldmann

• NBCBA
  • Senior Poster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 230
BrewHQ Brew Box Subscription
« on: August 20, 2018, 11:55:04 AM »
I was browsing the brewnosers forum and I stumbled across this starting up today: https://brewhq.ca/products/brew-hq-brew-box

Looks like they deliver you a 5Gal recipe every 3 months for $45/year and shipping is free. Seems pretty good for $11/recipe.

I've never even heard of this of this shop before, but even for regular items the shipping rates seem great.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 11:56:47 AM by feldmann »

Offline AtlanticRebel

• NBCBA
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: BrewHQ Brew Box Subscription
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 12:07:33 PM »
BrewHQ is an offshoot of Noble Grape, they have decided to separate their Wine and Beer product lines.  I am not really sure if there will be much of a change at store-level.

Just to clarify, it is 44.95$ per box/quarter, 179.80$ per year.
-_-_-_-
Marc Mapplebeck
Currently planning: Thinking of a Citra SMASH
Currently fermenting: Oaked Gewürztraminer
Just bottled: Cinnamon Spice Cider
Running critically low: Citra Orange Cider, Red Citra Bomb

Offline feldmann

• NBCBA
  • Senior Poster
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 12:29:24 PM »
BrewHQ is an offshoot of Noble Grape, they have decided to separate their Wine and Beer product lines.  I am not really sure if there will be much of a change at store-level.

Ah, okay, I had no idea. This looks to me like an effort to compete more in the online market with OBK and Everwood.

Just to clarify, it is 44.95$ per box/quarter, 179.80$ per year.

Haha, that makes a lot more sense. $44.95 for the entire year just seemed insane.

Offline Two Wheeler

• Executive
  • Forum Hero
  • NBCBA VP
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 864
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 01:55:44 PM »

Noble Grape has done a pretty good job over the years of adapting to compete. The stock they carry now in store, and what's available online has increased massively since I started going there 5 years ago. My gripe with them was always that the staff was really inconsistent. Some of them were great, some of them were not. I haven't been into the store in quite a while though, so likely I'm not a great judge of the current state.
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Offline feldmann

• NBCBA
  • Senior Poster
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 02:56:27 PM »

Noble Grape has done a pretty good job over the years of adapting to compete. The stock they carry now in store, and what's available online has increased massively since I started going there 5 years ago. My gripe with them was always that the staff was really inconsistent. Some of them were great, some of them were not. I haven't been into the store in quite a while though, so likely I'm not a great judge of the current state.

I will agree with you that they have evolved a lot, however, I also feel that the change has been very slow. I still feel like they're barely up to the standard of most of the other beer brewing shops.

Offline ECH

• Junior Poster
    • Elm City Hobbies
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 09:56:56 PM »
I use Noble for grains and the odd dry yeast, mostly because they are the only game in town.

My only issue is that I am a serve yourself kind of guy, so when I walk in and just start measuring out grain, I often get the "what do you think you are doing" look.

I mean, as far as I know, it is self serve, if the workers want to measure it out for me, have at it, but I sometimes will go in with what I need for a recipe, and call an audible while there. Recipe calls for Crystal 30, and they have 20 and 40, or maybe instead of regular pale malt, I will go for whatever is being offered from Horton Ridge. Not sure if it makes much of a difference in the long run, but at least using Horton's stuff, it is like using local ingredients.