Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Regulator Question  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Tom

• Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Regulator Question
« on: November 14, 2014, 09:20:07 AM »
This is my first regulator and C02 setup so perhaps this is normal but it seems weird to me.

1.) I got my C02 tank filled and took it home and attached the regulator. The dial that shows tank pressure was only showing about 550 and just out of the "Order Gas" red zone. I expected it to be much higher. It is a 5lb tank. Normal?

2.) I left the regulator connected and shut off the C02 tank. The top dial was set to about 8lb. After a day or two I looked at it and the top dial was now up to 12lbs. I released the pressure and did the test again and same thing happened a day later. The only thing I can think of is that pressure is leading from the 550lb tank side into the output side that is supposed to be set to 8lbs. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Offline Two Wheeler

• Executive
  • Forum Hero
  • NBCBA VP
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 864
Re: Regulator Question
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 09:34:20 AM »
Hey Tom,

The big dial is basically useless as far as I understand. It will stay at 550 until it runs out of liquid CO2, and then it will start to drop quickly. The pressure on the big dial will really depend on the temp too... room temp will make it higher. Mine is sitting in the fridge at 8 degrees and reads 800.

I'm not so sure on question 2... is it hooked up to a keg, and in the fridge?
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Offline Tom

• Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 09:43:28 AM »
It is in the fridge but not hooked up to anything. The barb that would go to the keg has a shut off valve on it and it is closed.

Offline pliny

• NBCBA
  • Senior Poster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 250
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 11:46:17 AM »
The temperature will affect the reading. RDWHAHB

Offline Tom

• Liked: