Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: keezer  (Read 11638 times)

Offline JohnQ

• Order Exec
  • Charter Member
  • Forum Ninja
  • ...Official Club A$$hole... ...We only need one...
    • Sunset Heights Meadery
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
Re: keezer
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2011, 10:59:35 PM »
Quote from: "Dean"
no no no ...use a copious amount of electrical tape, the more the better and bonus points if you got it from the Dollar Store!  :lol:

What I REALLY Love about having Dean around is that I don't have to say these things now, I just have to wait for him!
Thanks Buddy!

JQ
Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples

Offline Dean

• Junior Poster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2011, 07:38:08 AM »
LOL John!

Hey Dan, in all seriousness you could probably just cut both wires and cap them off. How big are the wires ...like a lamp cord or little thin wires like speaker wire? And how big is the bulb they run to? If these questions are too insulting just tell me if that circuit is 12v or 120v ..haha

Offline DandyMason

• Club Technician
  • CTBM
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2011, 07:45:00 AM »
hahaha Dean unfortunately these questions are perfect for me.. The wires are tiny little speaker wires... There was no bulb, but the casing said max 25 watt... so pretty small bulb.

Offline Dean

• Junior Poster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2011, 08:15:12 AM »
sounds like low voltage, which means you can use tape. The proper way to do it would be to trace the wires back to where they come from and disconnect them there, but the quick and easy (lazy works for me) way to do it is cut the wires so the ends can't touch each other (cut one a couple inches shorter than the other) and tape them off. make sure the ends cannot touch metal. You won't burn your house down if you do it wrong but you may blow fuses/trip the breaker ...or you'll get a quick bzzt everytime you touch the freezer ..haha

If you want that light to work tell me where you live and I'll come repair that wire for you.

Offline DandyMason

• Club Technician
  • CTBM
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2011, 05:59:28 PM »
I think that makes sense Dean.... Im going to go ahead and do that! I appreciate the advice, i owe ya one!