Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 25-30 gallon pots  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Waterlogged

• NBCBA
  • Senior Poster
  • Reid
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
25-30 gallon pots
« on: September 10, 2013, 11:20:10 AM »
OK, looks like we are scaling things up.  Went from a 19 gallon BIAB setup which barely netted the 3 of us 18 litres each.  With the use of a new 100 qt mash tun and sparging to get rid of a lot of gunk before the boil, the use of anti foam drops we got our 20 litres each on Sundays brew.  however, the mash tun added an hour to our brew day with only a small amount more wort into the fermentor.  So we decised to start looking for a larger boil pot and some plans to build a dedicated/mobile stand.  OBK pot size is maxed out at 19 gallon.  I priced some 25 gallon at Davison Equipment downtown and for SS with a lid its $590+tax and Aluminium (6mm) its $240 plus tax.  I have seen 120 qt aluminium with lid shipped to Houlton on amazon for $250.  I like satinless steel but aluminium is a hell of a lot cheaper and since we can use the 80 l we got from OBK as a HLT, we pretty much have a full 25 gallon micro brewery.  maybe a pump or two may be required.  Anyone else know where we could get a good deal on a 129 qt pot and any thoiughts on satinless vs aluminium?
Fermenting: Air
On Tap: Hoppy Porter
Bottled:  Air

Offline Jake

• President
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 182
Re: 25-30 gallon pots
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 12:30:25 PM »
Yea something that hard is not easy to come by for cheap, especially in SS.

I'm planning on getting all of my equipment from Stout Beer Tanks out of states once I have my basement all done ... probably another 8-12 months out realistically as I'm building my house.  You can get a 30 gallon pot through them for about 500 bucks and comes with some additional options such as thermowell & thermometer, tri clamps, etc.

Blichman stuff is pretty sweet too ... just as JQ!! High quality stuff for sure
President of the NBCBA