Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Everwood Ave Brew Shop - New Products  (Read 4452 times)

Offline Everwood Brew Shop

• Vendor
    • http://www.everwoodavebrewshop.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Everwood Ave Brew Shop - New Products
« on: April 11, 2013, 11:42:50 AM »
Hey Everyone,

In an effort to keep you up to date with the new things that come in but keep this forum clean and not littered with my posts I've decided to just keep this thread updated with my new products. I'll be getting things in all on a regular basis and everytime I do I'll post them here. You can PM me or post in this thread with questions and comments.

Thanks!
Dave

Everwood Ave Brew Shop
Keep up to date on Facebook or Twitter

Offline chrismccull

• Club Technician
  • Senior Poster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Everwood Ave Brew Shop - New Products
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 11:43:59 AM »
How are sales so far?

• Vendor
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 11:46:14 AM »
So right off the bat I have two new lines in the store as of this morning. The first is Camlocks! They are the same ones we used to get from other sources, but they are much less expensive. Check out the selection here:

http://www.everwoodavebrewshop.com/category/camlocks/

I've also got tubing to get up on the website. It's the thick-walled silicone tubing that we've gotten before. Also at a great price. It should be up on the site by the end of the day.

Thanks! :cheers:

As always, I also post all of my news to my Facebook page, to be the first to know, follow me!
Dave

Everwood Ave Brew Shop

• Vendor
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 11:49:25 AM »
Quote from: "chrismccull"
How are sales so far?

Great! They're slow and steady which is allowing me to figure things out as we move forward. I'm quite pumped for the new stock to arrive and the next up on the list is all-grain and extract kits.

I'll be ordering another pallet of grain soon so I may have some space on that pallet to offer someone at GB rates. Think there's appetite here for a 15ish full bags? Hell, we could always try to 2 pallets if there's a lot of interest.
Dave

Everwood Ave Brew Shop

Offline Kyle

• Charter Member
  • Forum Ninja
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 280
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 04:31:11 PM »
Camlocks, stainless steel stuff in general, and hops: I foresee you getting a lot of business for those. I don't expect much of a market for grain, with the exception of some unusual specialty grains, like coffee malt.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

Offline chrismccull

• Club Technician
  • Senior Poster
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 04:37:15 PM »
I am going to Halifax next weekend and the one after, could I meet you somewhere to pickup some hops?

• Vendor
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 08:35:36 PM »
Quote from: "Kyle"
Camlocks, stainless steel stuff in general, and hops: I foresee you getting a lot of business for those. I don't expect much of a market for grain, with the exception of some unusual specialty grains, like coffee malt.

I agree, those of us that go through a lot of grain are all tuned into the group buys. However, I do expect a fair bit of business for all-grain and extract kits. I've had several requests for those already. Do you think that might be something worth while promoting for your area?
Dave

Everwood Ave Brew Shop

• Vendor
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 08:43:14 PM »
Quote from: "chrismccull"
I am going to Halifax next weekend and the one after, could I meet you somewhere to pickup some hops?

Yes. I'm actually away from the 14th-19th but I'm around other then that. When you know what day you're available let me know and we can work it out.
Dave

Everwood Ave Brew Shop

Offline Chris Craig

• Charter Member
  • Charter Member
  • Forum Ninja
    • Google+
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 252
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 08:47:34 PM »
I'm sure it's worth promoting. I'm not sure how much support there would be in the club as we all take advantage of direct bulk buys, but we can definitely suggest them as an option for new or occasional brewers that we come in contact with.

It's great having the option so close to home. I check the site regularly for new goodies.

Offline Kyle

• Charter Member
  • Forum Ninja
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 280
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 09:49:43 AM »
Good quality extract kits (LME that is not cut with adjuncts) would be worth promoting. I know a few die-hard extract brewers.

Also, just to add to the chorus: It's awesome to have such a receptive HBS so close to us.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

• Vendor
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 10:56:10 AM »
Quote from: "Kyle"
Good quality extract kits (LME that is not cut with adjuncts) would be worth promoting. I know a few die-hard extract brewers.

Also, just to add to the chorus: It's awesome to have such a receptive HBS so close to us.

I appreciate the praise, some days I'm scared sh*tless about doing this, other days I'm super pumped. So a little reassurance is good!  :lol:

I do plan on good quality kits. I'll hopefully be releasing some AG kits this weekend. It's actually been difficult and time-consuming to find good recipes, ensure I have the grains, set everything up in my system, and create a product page for kits. I thought I'd have everything done by now!

I will be getting in all of the extracts necessary for everything from blondes to stouts shortly and then we'll get rolling. Most of the kits will be LME based, and some will have a DME option. Personally I like LME better but it's all about personal opinion. I also plan on carrying gluten-free kits too. I've got 3 good recipes and although they won't be the biggest sellers, it's something I want to do for a couple of people specifically.
Dave

Everwood Ave Brew Shop

Offline chrismccull

• Club Technician
  • Senior Poster
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 11:12:44 AM »
Are you planning on offering any sort of all-grain gluten free kits?

Offline brew

• Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Forum Ninja
  • Mild mannered suburbian
    • Google Plus
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 652
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 11:20:21 AM »
Yeah I think kits are a great idea as well. A few of the club members are extract only and I'm sure would be willing to look at your kits next time they brew. We'll keep it in mind...
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

Offline Chris Craig

• Charter Member
  • Charter Member
  • Forum Ninja
    • Google+
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 252
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 02:13:24 PM »
Feel free to raid our recipe forums.  There's a lot of information about how the recipes turned out that may be useful to you in determining if you want to offer it as a kit.

• Vendor
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 07:46:44 PM »
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions re:kits, I'm building up a recipe bank and I hope to start releasing all grain kits this week and extract kits shortly thereafter.

I haven't found any gluten-free all-grain kits yet, but I do have 3 gluten-free extract kits that I'll be offering. I just have to wait for the sorghum and rice syrups to arrive.

I've also been making custom kits for local brewers and I'll be offering that as well, just email me your recipe and I'll see if I've got the grains to make it up. All kits are measured and put together when you order so the grain and hops remain sealed until the day I ship so custom is no problem.

Dave
Dave

Everwood Ave Brew Shop